Jump to Main Content
- Ricciardi, Annamaria; Parente, Eugenio; Guidone, Angela; Ianniello, Rocco Gerardo; Zotta, Teresa; Sayem, S.M. Abu; Varcamonti, Mario
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.157 no.2 pp. 278-285
- Lactobacillus paraplantarum; Lactobacillus pentosus; Lactobacillus plantarum; adaptation; detergents; foods; genes; heat; heat stress; heat tolerance; oxidative stress; principal component analysis; probiotics; proteinases; sequence alignment; single nucleotide polymorphism; starter cultures; starvation; stress response; stress tolerance; taxonomy
- ... Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus pentosus and Lactobacillus paraplantarum are three closely related species which are widespread in food and non-food environments, and are important as starter bacteria or probiotics. In order to evaluate the phenotypic diversity of stress tolerance in the L. plantarum group and the ability to mount an adaptive heat shock response, the survival of exponential ...
- Vesterlund, Satu; Salminen, Kari; Salminen, Seppo
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.157 no.2 pp. 319-321
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus; bacteria; case studies; food matrix; foods; linseed; new products; probiotics; shelf life; storage time; temperature; viability; water activity
- ... This study evaluated the effect of water activity on the long-term storage stability of the probiotic Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG (LGG) in a dry food matrix. Viability of LGG was further studied in a crushed flaxseed matrix – a new possible product matrix to deliver probiotics – as well as in reference matrices as maltodextrin. Three different water activities (aw=0.11, 0.22 and 0.43) were used, an ...