Jump to Main Content
- Lazzaro, I.; Busman, M.; Battilani, P.; Butchko, R.A.E.
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.160 no.2 pp. 94-98
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; correlation; corn; gene expression; secondary metabolites; genes; fumonisins; toxicity; hydroxylation; gene expression regulation; water activity; pathogens; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Fusarium verticillioides is a maize pathogen that produces toxic secondary metabolites, including fumonisins and bikaverin. The regulation of biosynthetic gene expression and the production of these metabolites are not fully understood and in this study we investigated the influence of water activity (0.955 and 0.990) on the expression of 5 genes (FUM3–FUM8–FUM13–FUM14 and BIK1) in F. verticillioi ...
- Lazzaro, Irene; Falavigna, Claudia; Dall'Asta, Chiara; Proctor, Robert H.; Galaverna, Gianni; Battilani, Paola
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.159 no.2 pp. 93-100
- Fusarium fujikuroi, etc ; malt extract; corn; fumonisins; water activity; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... The production of fumonisin B, A and C and hidden and partially hydrolysed fumonisin occurrence was investigated in 3 strains of Fusarium verticillioides isolated from maize, cultured for 21–45days on malt extract medium at 25°C and 0.955–0.990 water activity (aw). Fumonisin A–B and C series were produced by all the strains in all conditions studied, with B-fumonisin≫C-fumonisin>A-fumonisin follow ...