Jump to Main Content
- Moon, Hyeree; Rhee, Min Suk
- International journal of food microbiology 2016 v.217 pp. 35-41
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Salmonella Typhimurium; antibacterial properties; bacteria; carvacrol; cell membranes; essential oils; eugenol; food pathogens; marinating; oils; organic acids and salts; pH; salt concentration; sensory evaluation; soy sauce; synergism; temperature; thymol; vanillin; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Here, we examined the antimicrobial effects of soy sauce containing essential oils (EOs) against Escherichia coli O157:H7, Salmonella Typhimurium, and Listeria monocytogenes at 22°C and 4°C. To screen a variety of combined effects, soy sauce was mixed with six different EOs (carvacrol, thymol, eugenol, trans-cinnamaldehyde, β-resorcylic acid, and vanillin), each at a concentration of 1mM for 10min ...
- Ben-Fadhel, Yosra; Saltaji, Sabrina; Khlifi, Mohamed Ali; Salmieri, Stephane; Dang Vu, Khanh; Lacroix, Monique
- International journal of food microbiology 2017 v.241 pp. 30-38
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Aspergillus niger; Brassica oleracea; Cymbopogon; Escherichia coli O157; Salmonella Typhimurium; Streptomyces natalensis; additive effect; anti-infective properties; bacteria; broccoli; coatings; cold; edible films; essential oils; fermentation; florets; gamma radiation; minimum inhibitory concentration; models; natamycin; pathogens; ready-to-eat foods; salts; shelf life; synergism; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... The antimicrobial activity of essential oils (EOs), organic acid (OA) salts and natamycin, a natural antifungal produced during fermentation by the bacterium Streptomyces natalensis, was assessed against four pathogens (Escherichia coli O157:H7, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella Typhimurium and Aspergillus niger). The Minimum Inhibitory Concentration (MIC) of each antimicrobial (AM) was assessed ...