Jump to Main Content
- Barbosa, Ana Andréa Teixeira; Silva de Araújo, Hyrla Grazielle; Matos, Patrícia Nogueira; Carnelossi, Marcelo Augusto Guitierrez; Almeida de Castro, Alessandra
- International journal of food microbiology 2013 v.164 no.2-3 pp. 135-140
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris; Bacillus cereus; Staphylococcus aureus; antimicrobial properties; cellulose; mangoes; microbiological quality; nisin; physicochemical properties; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The aim of this study is to examine the effects of nisin-incorporated cellulose films on the physicochemical and microbiological qualities of minimally processed mangoes. The use of antimicrobial films did not affect the physicochemical characteristics of mangoes and showed antimicrobial activity against Staphylococcus aureus, Listeria monocytogenes, Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris and Bacillus c ...
- de Oliveira Junior, Adelson Alves; Silva de Araújo Couto, Hyrla Grazielle; Barbosa, Ana Andréa Teixeira; Carnelossi, Marcelo Augusto Guitierrez; de Moura, Tatiana Rodrigues
- International journal of food microbiology 2015 v.211 pp. 38-43
- Listeria monocytogenes, etc ; Alicyclobacillus acidoterrestris; Bacillus cereus; Staphylococcus aureus; Theobroma grandiflorum; anti-infective properties; ascorbic acid; cell viability; food additives; guavas; heat treatment; mango juice; mangoes; microorganisms; nisin; passion fruits; peaches; physicochemical properties; soursops; temperature; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Heat processing is the most commonly used hurdle for inactivating microorganisms in fruit juices. However, this preservation method could interfere with the organoleptic characteristics of the product. Alternative methods have been proposed and bacteriocins such as nisin are potential candidates. However, the approval of bacteriocins as food additives is limited, especially in foods from vegetal o ...