Jump to Main Content
- Falavigna, Claudia, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2013 v.166 no.1 pp. 21-27
- corn meal; biosynthesis; chemotypes; corn starch; corn ears; Fusarium fujikuroi; corn; amylopectin; nutrition; pH; fumonisins
- ... Fusarium verticillioides and F. proliferatum can infect maize ears and produce fumonisins.The fumonisin B (FB) series is the most prolifically produced, followed by fumonisin C (FC), A (FA) and P (FP); moreover hidden forms of fumonisins have been detected in maize and derivatives. There is a lack of information about which maize component may affect fumonisin pattern production. Therefore, in thi ...
- Falavigna, Claudia, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2012 v.159 no.2 pp. 93-100
- malt extract; Fusarium fujikuroi; corn; fumonisins; water activity
- ... The production of fumonisin B, A and C and hidden and partially hydrolysed fumonisin occurrence was investigated in 3 strains of Fusarium verticillioides isolated from maize, cultured for 21–45days on malt extract medium at 25°C and 0.955–0.990 water activity (aw). Fumonisin A–B and C series were produced by all the strains in all conditions studied, with B-fumonisin≫C-fumonisin>A-fumonisin follow ...