Jump to Main Content
- Todorov, Svetoslav Dimitrov, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food microbiology 2014 v.185 pp. 121-126
- Enterococcus; Lactococcus; ampicillin; antibiotic resistance; biopreservatives; carboxylic ester hydrolases; chloramphenicol; deoxyribonucleases; genes; gentamicin; goat milk; hemolysis; histamine; horizontal gene transfer; lactic acid bacteria; phenotype; polymerase chain reaction; putrescine; rifampicin; starter cultures; temperature; tyramine; vancomycin; virulence
- ... The present study aimed to investigate the virulence, antibiotic resistance and biogenic amine production in bacteriocinogenic lactococci and enterococci isolated from goat milk in order to evaluate their safety. Twenty-nine bacteriocinogenic lactic acid bacteria (LAB: 11 Lactococcus spp., and 18 Enterococcus spp.) isolated from raw goat milk were selected and subjected to PCR to identify gelE, cy ...
- Todorov, Svetoslav D., et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food microbiology 2009 v.132 no.2-3 pp. 117-126
- Pediococcus pentosaceus; mechanism of action; model food systems; phytochemicals; Sclerocarya birrea; fruit extracts; bacteriocins; pathogen identification; nucleotide sequences; strains
- ... Strain ST44AM, isolated from marula, was identified as Pediococcus pentosaceus based on biochemical tests, sugar fermentation reactions (API 50CHL), PCR with species-specific primers and 16S rDNA sequencing. Strain ST44AM produces a 6.5 kDa class IIa bacteriocin, active against lactic acid bacteria, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Listeria innocua, Listeria ivanovi ...