Jump to Main Content
- Sant'ana, Luiza D'oliveira; Buarque Ferreira, Aurelio Baird; Lorenzon, Maria Cristina Affonso; Berbara, Ricardo Luis Louro; Castro, Rosane Nora
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 65-76
- Citrus; Verbenaceae; aluminum chloride; antioxidant activity; color; flavonoids; honey; phenolic compounds
- ... Sixty Brazilian honey samples were analysed for their total phenolic content with the Folin-Denis reagent, total flavonoid content by aluminium chloride method, and antioxidant activity by reaction with 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl radical. Colour was also classified according to visual analysis and Pfund scale. Linear relationships were observed between colour and flavonoid content, total phenol ...
- Kayacier, Ahmed; Yüksel, Ferhat; Karaman, Safa
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 93-110
- Citrus; activation energy; honey; loss modulus; modulus of elasticity; neural networks; prediction; temperature
- ... Dynamic oscillatory shear rheological characteristics of honey samples from different floral sources were evaluated using frequency sweep test and stress sweep test at three different temperatures (10, 15, and 20°C). All honey samples showed liquid-like behavior because the loss modulus was significantly greater than the elastic modulus. Pine honey showed the highest complex viscosity (86.33 Pa s ...