Jump to Main Content
- Jin, Shang-Wu; Chen, Gui-Lin; Du, Juan-Jiang-Meng; Wang, Li-Hong; Ren, Xu; An, Tian-Yue
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 13-25
- acetone; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; butanol; catechin; chloroform; countercurrent chromatography; ethyl acetate; free radical scavengers; mass spectrometry; proanthocyanidins; procyanidins; vitamin E
- ... The antioxidant properties of crude acetone extract and its fractions separated using n-hexane, chloroform, ethyl acetate, and butanol of Cynomorium songaricum Rupr. were examined by 2,2′-azino-bis (3-ethylbenzthiazoline-6-sulfonic acid) and 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl radical scavenging activity assay. The activity of the crude acetone extract was significantly higher than that of vitamin E and ...
- Atlabachew, Minaleshewa; Chandravanshi, Bhagwan Singh; Redi, Mesfin
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 45-64
- Catha edulis; acetone; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; catechin; cultivars; leaves; mastication; methanol; ovalbumin; phenols; secondary metabolites; shoots; solvents; stems; tannins
- ... Total phenolic, flavonoid, and tannin contents of 21 Ethiopian khat (Catha edulis Forsk) leaves and their related antioxidant activities were determined in the extracts of the young leaves, matured leaves, and tips of tender stem near the young shoots. A simplified, rapid, and robust method was also optimized for the analysis of total tannins using ovalbumin as a precipitating agent and Folin Deni ...