Jump to Main Content
- Arik Kibar, E. Aytunga; Gönenç, İlknur; Us, Ferhunde
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 204-218
- amylose; corn starch; crosslinking; enthalpy; gelatinization; glass transition; glass transition temperature; heat stability; retrogradation; saturated fatty acids; starch gels
- ... The effect of addition of six fatty acids (stearic, palmitic, myristic, oleic, palmitoleic, and myristoleic acid) on the gelatinization, glass transition, and retrogradation properties of corn starch as well as their complexing abilities with amylose were determined. Differential scanning calorimeter studies reflected that addition of fatty acids caused a 73–89% decrease in the gelatinization enth ...
- Ahmed, Jasim
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 125-138
- clay; gelatinization; heat; melting; modulus of elasticity; montmorillonite; nanoclays; rheology; starch; temperature; viscosity
- ... The effect of incorporating montmorillonite nanoclay into lentil starch dispersion was studied by oscillatory rheological measurement. Rheological measurements were carried out at non-isothermal (40–95°C) and isothermal (70–90°C) condition. The elastic modulus (G′) of starch/clay blend showed a significant improvement in the magnitude in the melt when clay concentration was at 5% wt or higher. The ...