Jump to Main Content
- Arunachalam, Karuppusamy; Parimelazhagan, Thangaraj
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 226-238
- Cordia; amino acids; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bark; crude protein; flavonoids; leaf extracts; leaves; linolenic acid; nutrient content; nutrition; proximate composition; stearic acid
- ... The objectives of this study were to determine phenolic content, antioxidant activity of methanolic extracts from different parts of Cordia evolutior (leaf, bark, and fruit), and nutrition composition. The leaf extract showed the highest total phenolic content (25.40 ± 0.34 mg GAE/g extract) and total flavonoid content (69.70 ± 3.37mg RE/g extract) accompanied with the best antioxidant activity th ...
- Atlabachew, Minaleshewa; Chandravanshi, Bhagwan Singh; Redi, Mesfin
- International journal of food properties 2014 v.17 no.1 pp. 45-64
- Catha edulis; acetone; antioxidant activity; ascorbic acid; catechin; cultivars; leaves; mastication; methanol; ovalbumin; phenols; secondary metabolites; shoots; solvents; stems; tannins
- ... Total phenolic, flavonoid, and tannin contents of 21 Ethiopian khat (Catha edulis Forsk) leaves and their related antioxidant activities were determined in the extracts of the young leaves, matured leaves, and tips of tender stem near the young shoots. A simplified, rapid, and robust method was also optimized for the analysis of total tannins using ovalbumin as a precipitating agent and Folin Deni ...