Jump to Main Content
- Bernas, E.
- International journal of food properties 2017 v.20 no.sup2 pp. 1613-1626
- Agaricus bisporus; citric acid; free amino acids; freezing; frozen storage; glutamic acid; high performance liquid chromatography; isoascorbic acid; mass spectrometry; monosodium glutamate; mushrooms; riboflavin; sodium metabisulfite; taste; thiamin; umami
- ... In mushrooms the dominant taste is umami, which is created by monosodium glutamate (MSG)-like amino acids and 5’-nucleotides. In this research, the levels of 5’-nucleotides, free amino acids (liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry; LC-MS), and vitamins from the B-group (high-performance liquid chromatography; HPLC) in frozen white and brown Agaricus bisporus were determined. Before freezing, ...
- Bernaś, E., et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food properties 2013 v.16 no.1 pp. 139-153
- Agaricus bisporus; Boletus edulis; amino acid composition; asparagine; blanching; glutamine; isoleucine; lysine; mushrooms; pectins; soaking
- ... The effect of blanching or soaking and blanching on the amino acid content of frozen A. bisporus and B. edulis mushrooms was determined. Frozen mushrooms contained lower amounts of most amino acids compared to fresh mushrooms. In A. bisporus , the greatest changes were observed in mushrooms soaked and blanched in citric and L-ascorbic acid solution in A. bisporus , while in the case of B. edulis , ...