Jump to Main Content
- Karsli, Baris; Caglak, Emre; Li, Dapeng; Rubio, Nancy K.; Janes, Marlene; Prinyawiwatkul, Witoon
- International journal of food science & technology 2019 v.54 no.1 pp. 25-33
- Escherichia coli; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella Typhimurium; Staphylococcus aureus; Vibrio cholerae; Vibrio parahaemolyticus; acetic acid; antibacterial properties; aspartic acid; bacteria; catfish; chitosan; coatings; fish fillets; food pathogens; molecular weight; storage temperature; water solubility
- ... Antibacterial activity of high molecular weight water‐soluble (HMWWS) chitosan (800 kDa) was investigated against four Gram‐negative (Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhimurium, Vibrio cholerae and Vibrio parahaemolyticus) and two Gram‐positive (Staphylococcus aureus and Listeria monocytogenes) bacteria. Catfish fillets were surface‐inoculated with these food‐borne pathogens and coated with chitosan ...
- Wójciak, Karolina M.; Stasiak, Dariusz M.; Stadnik, Joanna; Ferysiuk, Karolina; Kononiuk, Anna
- International journal of food science & technology 2019 v.54 no.1 pp. 75-83
- Clostridium; Listeria monocytogenes; Staphylococcus aureus; acoustics; beef; cadaverine; cold; histamine; lactic acid bacteria; marinating; pH; pathogens; putrescine; ripening; sonication; tyramine; ultrasonics; water activity; whey
- ... In this study, the influence of sonication time on the biogenic amines formation as a critical point in uncured dry‐fermented beef manufacturing was studied. Samples of musculus semimembranosus were sonicated at different times (5 and 10 min) using ultrasound cold bath (4 °C) in acid whey (US 40 kHz and acoustic power 480 W). The effect of sonication on biogenic amine (BA) formation was investigat ...