Jump to Main Content
- Holgado, Francisca; Márquez‐Ruiz, Gloria; Ruiz‐Méndez, María Victoria; Velasco, Joaquín
- International journal of food science & technology 2019 v.54 no.8 pp. 2520-2528
- sodium caseinate, etc ; droplets; emulsions; freeze drying; gelatin; lactose; lipid peroxidation; maltodextrins; microencapsulation; oxidative stability; spray drying; sucrose; sunflower oil; tocopherols; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The influence of the drying method, freeze‐drying and spray‐drying, on the oxidative stability of microencapsulated sunflower oil depended on the type of encapsulation matrix. For a dairy‐type matrix, formed by sodium caseinate and lactose, greater losses of tocopherols were detected during spray‐drying, but both the free and encapsulated oil fractions were more stable against lipid oxidation than ...
- Chang, Hyeon‐Jun; Shin, Kwang‐Seup; Lee, Jeung‐Hee
- International journal of food science & technology 2019 v.54 no.5 pp. 1530-1540
- sodium caseinate, etc ; aldehydes; algae; antioxidant activity; blood serum; droplets; emulsifiers; emulsifying; emulsions; fatty acid composition; oils; oxidative stability; palmitic acid; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; whey protein concentrate; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Algae oil‐in‐water emulsions were prepared using sodium caseinate (SC, 0.5%), whey protein concentrate (WPC, 0.5%), and a mixture of TWEEN80 (T80, 0.5%), and SPAN80 (SP80, 0.6%), and their emulsification and oxidative stabilities during storage were compared. Oil droplet sizes of SC‐ and T80+SP80‐emulsions were smaller than that of WPC‐emulsion. Serum layer appeared in all emulsions from day 15, a ...