Jump to Main Content
- Brychcy, Ewa; Król, Żaneta; Kulig, Dominika; Jarmoluk, Andrzej
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 1618-1629
- acidity; anti-infective properties; antioxidant activity; carrageenan; color; distillates; electrolysis; electrolyzed water; food preservation; gelatin; malondialdehyde; meat quality; microbiological quality; molds (fungi); myoglobin; pigments; pork; psychrotrophic bacteria; raw meat; sensory evaluation; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; yeasts
- ... The aim of the study was to determine antimicrobial efficiency of carrageenan and gelatine hydrosols containing acidic electrolysed water (AEW) on surface microbiota of meat and evaluate possible quality changes in raw meat after treatment with experimental AEW‐containing hydrosols. Microbiological examination of meat samples covered with AEW‐containing hydrosols (total number of microorganisms, y ...
- Badii, Fojan; Atri, Halleh; Dunstan, Dave E.
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 1570-1577
- deformation; gelation; gels; light microscopy; microstructure; modulus of elasticity; protein content; rheology; rheometry; separation; storage modulus; viscoelasticity; whey protein
- ... The influence of mechanical shearing on the small deformation properties and microstructure of heat‐induced whey protein gel has been studied. The viscoelastic properties of these gels at different concentrations of 10% and 20% (w/w) exposed to different shear rates of 0, 50, 100, 200 and 500 s⁻¹ during gelation were measured using dynamic oscillatory rheometry. The structure of both the shear tre ...