Jump to Main Content
- Sant'Anna, Voltaire; Sfoglia, Natalia M.; Mercali, Giovana D.; Corrêa, Ana Paula F.; Brandelli, Adriano
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.8 pp. 1932-1936
- Araucaria angustifolia; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; cooking; drying; heat treatment; polyphenols; seed coat; seeds; storage time; yeasts
- ... The objective of this work was to evaluate the effect of cooking on total phenolic content and antioxidant activity of the coat of pinhão. Moreover, the dried powder, obtained after seed coat cooking and drying, was stored for 90 days at 25 °C, and stability of polyphenols and antioxidant activity, as well as, growth of viable bacteria and fungi were evaluated. Results showed that polyphenol conte ...
- Lohani, Umesh C.; Muthukumarappan, Kasiviswanathan
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.8 pp. 1811-1819
- absorption; antioxidant activity; apple pomace; drying; extrusion; fermentation; functional properties; hardness; phenolic compounds; ultrasonic treatment; water solubility
- ... Apple pomace (AP) is a potential source of phenolic compounds, and most of the phenolics are presented in the bound form. Liberation of these bound phenolics is required to improve their health functionality. In this context, AP was naturally fermented followed by the ultrasonication and microwave drying. Fermentation time (FT), pomace to water ratio (PWR), ultrasonication intensity (UI) and micro ...