Jump to Main Content
- Rajarathnam, Ebenezer; Nongonierma, Alice B.; O'Sullivan, Dara; Flynn, Cal; FitzGerald, Richard J.
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.9 pp. 2123-2131
- sodium caseinate, etc ; casein; hydrolysates; hydrolysis; ingredients; nitrogen; pH; pepsin; proteolysis; solubility; subtilisin; ultrafiltration; whey; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The solubility of casein ingredients is limited under certain pH conditions. Therefore, sodium caseinate (NaCN) was hydrolysed at laboratory scale with four enzyme preparations (Alcalase, Prolyve, FlavorPro Whey and pepsin) yielding hydrolysates having degree of hydrolysis (DH) values between 0.19 ± 0.11 and 19.25 ± 0.73%. The nitrogen solubility index (NSI) over the pH range 2.0–8.0 was affected ...
- Cho, Hyunnho; Jung, Hana; Lee, HeeJae; Kwak, Ho‐Kyung; Hwang, Keum Taek
- International journal of food science & technology 2016 v.51 no.7 pp. 1655-1665
- sodium caseinate, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; bioactive properties; bioavailability; carboxymethylcellulose; curcumin; fluorescence; ionic strength; pH; pectins; proteins; solubility; turbidity; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Despite many reported bioactivities of curcumin, its application is limited due to its low bioavailability, solubility and stability. Proteins have been reported to stabilise curcumin in aqueous media, and stabilisation of curcumin could be enhanced when proteins form an electrostatic complex with polysaccharides. In this study, electrostatic complexes of sodium caseinate (NaCas) were prepared usi ...