Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food science & technology 2014 v.49 no.10 pp. 2237-2244
- batters; cohesion; color; firmness; kidney beans; loss modulus; muffins; peas; protein isolates; viscoelasticity; wheat gluten
- ... This study was undertaken to see the effect of kidney bean (KB), field pea (FP) and amaranth (AM) protein isolates on the viscoelasticity and gluten‐free muffin‐making properties of starch‐based batter. The characteristics of gluten‐free muffins were also compared to those prepared with wheat gluten (WG). The incorporation of different protein isolates enhanced batter viscoelasticity (increased st ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2014 v.49 no.2 pp. 541-550
- Amaranthus hypochondriacus; absorption; color; cultivars; denaturation; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; foaming; foaming capacity; foams; gels; isoelectric point; pH; protein content; protein isolates; protein solubility; temperature
- ... Protein isolates from six amaranth lines/cultivars (APIs) were evaluated to study their physicochemical (hunter colour, protein content and zeta potential), structural (thermal and conformational) and functional (emulsification, foaming, water and fat absorption) properties. APIs had protein content, whiteness index and gel temperature in range of 79.4-85.4%, 41.17-54.26 and 87.8-91.8 °C, respecti ...