Jump to Main Content
- Caurie, Matthew
- International journal of food science & technology 2011 v.46 no.5 pp. 930-934
- adsorption; bound water; energy; equations; food science; freezing; leaves; prediction; processed foods; temperature
- ... Parameters of Caurie's [International Journal of Food Science and Technology40 (2005) 283] unimolecular adsorption equation have been used to calculate total bound water to equal the square of the primary water capacity or m₀ ² grams. Current freezing methods predict bound water up to nm₀ grams which leaves a fraction of the total bound water with limited freezing properties unaccounted for. From ...
- Hojjatpanah, Ghazaleh; Fazaeli, Mahboubeh; Emam-Djomeh, Zahra
- International journal of food science & technology 2011 v.46 no.5 pp. 956-962
- Morus nigra; acidity; anthocyanins; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; energy; evaporation; evaporators; heat treatment; juice concentrates; mulberries; pH; turbidity
- ... Black mulberry juice was concentrated by different heating methods including conventional heating and microwave heating at different operational pressures (7.3, 38.5 and 100 kPa). The effects of each method of heating on the quality attributes of the concentrated juice were investigated. The final juice concentration of 42°Brix was achieved in 140, 120 and 95 min at 100, 38.5, and 7.3 kPa, respect ...