Jump to Main Content
- Nathânia de Sá Mendes; Leonardo Cristian Favre; Guido Rolandelli; Cristina dos Santos Ferreira; Édira C. B. de A. Gonçalves; María del Pilar Buera
- International journal of food science & technology 2020 v.55 no.3 pp. 1230-1237
- Capsicum baccatum; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; active ingredients; acylglycerols; antioxidant activity; breadings; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; encapsulation; flour; fruits; functional foods; hydrophilicity; milling; pepper; solid wastes; solubility; spray drying; vegetables
- ... The objective of this work was to evaluate the physicochemical properties of previously characterised flours obtained by milling the solid waste from the manufacture of an isotonic drink produced with various fruits and vegetables (FVR) to which powdered pepper fruits (PF) were added. Aqueous extracts were also prepared and encapsulated for protecting their functional compounds and improving their ...
- Ranalli, A.; Pollastri, L.; Contento, S.; Iannucci, E.
- International journal of food science & technology 2003 v.38 no.1 pp. 17-27
- tocopherols; volatile compounds; sensory evaluation; enzymes; olive oil; food processing; beta-carotene; acylglycerols; food composition; color; xanthophylls; chlorophyll; alcohols; phenolic compounds
- ... The composition of three virgin olive oil varieties (Caroleo, Coratina and Leccino) was investigated after extraction with a new enzyme processing aid called Bioliva. Comparisons with reference oils extracted without using the biological preparation were made. The oils extracted by enzymes showed the following features: (i) higher contents of total phenols, o-diphenols, major free and hydrolysable ...