Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food science & technology 2014 v.49 no.10 pp. 2237-2244
- batters; cohesion; color; firmness; kidney beans; loss modulus; muffins; peas; protein isolates; viscoelasticity; wheat gluten
- ... This study was undertaken to see the effect of kidney bean (KB), field pea (FP) and amaranth (AM) protein isolates on the viscoelasticity and gluten‐free muffin‐making properties of starch‐based batter. The characteristics of gluten‐free muffins were also compared to those prepared with wheat gluten (WG). The incorporation of different protein isolates enhanced batter viscoelasticity (increased st ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2015 v.50 no.5 pp. 1190-1197
- Syzygium cumini; antioxidants; batters; cohesion; color; consumer acceptance; flavonoids; fruit pulp; gluten-free foods; muffins; rheology; rice; rice flour; sensory properties; texture; viscoelasticity; water activity; xanthan gum
- ... This study was undertaken to prepare antioxidant‐rich gluten‐free eggless muffins from rice flour blended with varying amounts of jambolan fruit pulp (JFP) and xanthan gum (XG). The batters were evaluated for fundamental rheology, while muffins were analysed for physicochemical (colour, volume, water activity, total phenolic and flavonoid content), texture and sensory properties. The incorporation ...