Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 2 Author
- International journal of food science & technology 2015 v.50 no.4 pp. 1033-1043
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; albumins; ash content; color; denaturation; dispersions; gel chromatography; globulins; heat treatment; kidney beans; opacity; pH; peas; permeability; protein content; protein isolates; protein solubility; temperature; tensile strength; thermal properties; water vapor; zeta potential
- ... This study was undertaken to evaluate physicochemical (colour, protein content, ash content and zeta potential), structural (size exclusion chromatography and thermal properties) and film‐forming properties of kidney bean, field pea and amaranth protein isolates (KBPI, FPPI and AMPI, respectively). Protein content, ash content, zeta potential and denaturation temperature of the isolates ranged fro ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2014 v.49 no.2 pp. 541-550
- Amaranthus hypochondriacus; absorption; color; cultivars; denaturation; emulsifying; emulsifying properties; foaming; foaming capacity; foams; gels; isoelectric point; pH; protein content; protein isolates; protein solubility; temperature
- ... Protein isolates from six amaranth lines/cultivars (APIs) were evaluated to study their physicochemical (hunter colour, protein content and zeta potential), structural (thermal and conformational) and functional (emulsification, foaming, water and fat absorption) properties. APIs had protein content, whiteness index and gel temperature in range of 79.4-85.4%, 41.17-54.26 and 87.8-91.8 °C, respecti ...