Jump to Main Content
- Pardio, Violeta T.; Mariezcurrena, Maria D.; Waliszewski, Krzysztof N.; Sánchez, Victor; Janczur, Mariusz K.
- International journal of food science & technology 2009 v.44 no.12 pp. 2417-2423
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; beans; ethanol; flavor compounds; freezing; hydroxybenzaldehyde; odors; pods; vanillic acid; vanillin; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The effects on the aroma compositions of ethanol extracts obtained by traditional and enzyme-assisted methods from seven killing conditions used in vanilla pod curing were studied. Two procedures of vanilla pod killing consisted of either freezing pods at -10 °C for 24 h or immersing pods in 80 °C water for 10 s each of three times with 30 s intervals resulted in the highest vanillin values in ter ...
- Mariezcurrena, Maria D.; Zavaleta, Hilda A.; Waliszewski, Krzysztof N.; Sánchez, Victor
- International journal of food science & technology 2008 v.43 no.8 pp. 1452-1457
- Vanilla planifolia, etc ; cell walls; ethanol; freezing; hot water treatment; mixing; pods; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... The effect of seven methods of killing vanilla (Vanilla planifolia, Andrews) pods on disassembly of the cell wall was studied. The following methods of plant killing were considered in this study: pod immersions in hot water under three conditions (65 °C for 3 min, 70 °C for 2 min, 80 °C for 10 s each of three times in 30 s intervals), pod immersions in 1% NaOH at 22 °C or 65 °C for 3 min, pod imm ...