Jump to Main Content
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2017 v.52 no.1 pp. 38-58
- amylopectin; amylose; crystal structure; cultivars; digestibility; enthalpy; environmental factors; gelatinization; gelatinization temperature; genetics; granules; industrial applications; lipids; nutritive value; pasting properties; proteins; resistant starch; retrogradation; swelling (materials); viscosity; wheat; wheat starch
- ... Starch is the main component of wheat having a number of food and industrial applications. Thousands of cultivars/varieties of different wheat types and species differing in starch functionality (thermal, retrogradation, pasting and nutritional properties) are grown throughout the world. These properties are related to starch composition, morphology and structure, which vary with genetics, agronom ...
- Singh, Narpinder, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of food science & technology 2011 v.46 no.12 pp. 2584-2590
- adhesion; amylose; dissociation; firmness; gels; granules; pastes; physicochemical properties; retrogradation; temperature; viscosity; wheat
- ... Starches from nine Indian wheat lines were evaluated to study the relationships between physicochemical and rheological properties. Large granules (>15 μm) were present in the highest proportion followed by medium (5–15 μm) and small granules (<5 μm). Amylose content ranged between 27.4 and 37.2%. Starch with the highest proportion of large granules (68.9%) showed higher values of G′peak (576 Pa) ...