Jump to Main Content
- Bandyopadhyay, Apurba; Ghosh(LKN), Dipak Kumar; Biswas, Benukar; Parameswarappa, Maheswarappa Halli; Timsina, Jagadish
- International journal of fruit science 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 57-74
- Cocos nucifera; basins; coconuts; fertigation; fertilizer rates; field experimentation; leaves; microirrigation; nitrogen; nitrogen content; nutrient use efficiency; nutrients; phosphorus; potassium; potassium fertilizers; profitability; soil; soil treatment; water use efficiency; India; Indo-Gangetic Plain
- ... Fertigation has the potential to reduce extra chemical load by improving nutrient and water use efficiency of coconut (Cocos nucifera L.), but studies demonstrating the fertilizer reduction through drip irrigation in comparison to conventional ring basin method are rare in the Eastern Indo-Gangetic Plains (IGP) of South Asia. A long-term field experiment was conducted during 2007–2013 in West Beng ...
- Nartvaranant, Pongnart
- International journal of fruit science 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 91-103
- Citrus maxima; carbohydrates; fruit drop; fruit set; growth and development; leaves; nitrogen; nutrient content; nutrients; phosphorus; potassium; pummelos; Thailand
- ... The research was conducted in the pummelo growing areas of Thailand. The results showed that the dropped fruits had a statistically smaller fruit size (7.25 cm) than the retained fruit (9.35 cm; P < 0.05) at 4 months after fruit set. Moreover, the dropped fruits had an abnormal fruit shape when compared to the retained fruits. Consideration of fruit and leaf carbohydrate concentrations showed that ...