Jump to Main Content
- Jagannath, A.; Kumar, Manoranjan
- International journal of fruit science 2016 v.16 no.4 pp. 410-422
- Citrus deliciosa; Citrus nobilis; Citrus reticulata; ambient temperature; blanching; chromatography; cultivars; health promotion; mandarins; monitoring; naringin; oranges; osmotic treatment; physicochemical properties; sensory evaluation; shelf life; storage time
- ... Naringin, a bitter bioflavonoid of orange, widely reported for health promoting benefits is also responsible for reduced acceptability of many orange products where peels are integral components. The current study quantified naringin concentrations present in three types of oranges viz., Nagpur (Citrus reticulata Blanco), Kinnow (Citrus nobilis × Citrus deliciosa), and Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) ...
- Shabeer, Munazza; Sultan, M. Tauseef; Abrar, Muhammad; Suffyan Saddique, M.; Imran, Muhammad; Saad Hashmi, Muhammad; Sibt-e-Abbas, Muhammad
- International journal of fruit science 2016 v.16 no.4 pp. 444-460
- absorption; biscuits; bulk density; color; consumer acceptance; cookies; cooking fats and oils; emulsifying; fiber content; foaming properties; grains; industry; ingredients; mangoes; proteins; seeds; sensory evaluation; starch; taste; wheat flour
- ... The mango kernel is a byproduct of mango processing industries and it contains appreciable quantities of edible oil and quality proteins. In the present research, wheat flour was partially replaced with defatted mango kernel flour up to 30% and blends were further utilized for the preparation of biscuits. The nutritional and functional properties of flour blends were determined in the first phase. ...