Jump to Main Content
- A. Jagannath; Manoranjan Kumar
- International journal of fruit science 2016 v.16 no.4 pp. 410-422
- Citrus deliciosa; Citrus nobilis; Citrus reticulata; ambient temperature; blanching; chromatography; cultivars; health promotion; mandarins; monitoring; naringin; oranges; osmotic treatment; physicochemical properties; sensory evaluation; shelf life; storage time
- ... Naringin, a bitter bioflavonoid of orange, widely reported for health promoting benefits is also responsible for reduced acceptability of many orange products where peels are integral components. The current study quantified naringin concentrations present in three types of oranges viz., Nagpur (Citrus reticulata Blanco), Kinnow (Citrus nobilis × Citrus deliciosa), and Mandarin (Citrus reticulata) ...
- B. V. C. Mahajan; Rupinder Singh; Mahesh Kumar
- International journal of fruit science 2016 v.16 no.1 pp. 94-102
- Citrus deliciosa; Citrus nobilis; acidity; ascorbic acid; carotenes; firmness; flavor; fruit juices; fruits; heat; mandarins; odors; packaging; packaging films; polyethylene; polyethylene film; quality control; shelf life; supermarkets; total soluble solids; trays; weight loss
- ... Kinnow mandarin (Citrus nobilis × Citrus deliciosa) fruits were harvested at firm mature stage, packed in paper-molded trays, and tightly sealed in different packaging films commercially available in the market, viz. cryovac heat shrinkable RD-106 film (15 µ), low density polyethylene film (LDPE, 25 µ), and high density polyethylene film (HDPE, 10 µ). After packaging, the fruits were stored at sup ...