Jump to Main Content
- Badii Gaaliche; Mohamed Ghrab; Mehdi Ben Mimoun
- International journal of fruit science 2017 v.17 no.1 pp. 63-71
- Ficus carica; budbreak; crop yield; dry matter content; field experimentation; figs; fruit quality; hydrogen cyanamide; leaf area; leaves; ripening; shoots; starch; total soluble solids; trees; vegetative growth; Mediterranean region; Tunisia
- ... The fig tree (Ficus carica L.) is widely cultivated in the Mediterranean region under warm climates. Fig yield is governed by the previous crop load and is strongly dependent on shoot length. Special cultural practices are required to stimulate new vegetative growth that will ensure regular and high productivity. The present study focused on the use of the rest breaking agent hydrogen cyanamide (H ...
- Badii Gaaliche; Mouna Aїachi-Mezghani; Mehdi Trad; Evelyne Costes; Pierre-Eric Lauri; Messaoud Mars
- International journal of fruit science 2016 v.16 no.4 pp. 378-394
- Ficus carica; branches; branching; community programs; cultivars; figs; genetic improvement; phenotypic variation; plant architecture; shoots; trees; Tunisia
- ... Tree architecture describes plant form by defining the spatial organization of different structures. Shoot branching is an important step in understanding the tree architecture. Such studies are required for analyzing phenotypic diversity of plant architecture. Because such studies are rare on fig trees, the architecture diversity among nine Tunisian fig cultivars grown in Chott-Mariem (center-eas ...