Jump to Main Content
- Dincer, Ibrahim, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of green energy 2014 v.11 no.4 pp. 404-416
- absorption; energy conservation; energy efficiency; glass; mica; solar collectors; solar energy; temperature
- ... The effect of the transparent covers (glass, polycarbonate, and mica) on the small cylindrical solar pond performance is studied. The temperature and density distributions are measured to evaluate the performance of the covered cylindrical solar pond. The pond covers provide a significant potential for energy savings and storage by insulating upper convective zone. Thus, such transparent covers ar ...
- Dincer, Ibrahim, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of green energy 2011 v.8 no.1 pp. 44-64
- algorithms; economic investment; energy efficiency; energy use and consumption; exergy; generators (equipment); heat transfer; mass flow; model validation; models; operating costs; power plants; pressure; regression analysis; steam; surface area; system optimization; temperature; Caspian Sea; Iran
- ... In the present study, a heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) with a typical geometry and a number of pressure levels used at combined cycle power plants (CCPPs) is modeled. In order to validate the model results, they are compared with data obtained from the actual running power plant located near the Caspian Sea in Iran. The results show a good agreement between the model results and the experime ...