Jump to Main Content
- Li, Zu-Ran; Wang, Ji-Xiu; An, Li-Zhe; Tan, Jiang-Bo; Zhan, Fang-Dong; Wu, Jiong; Zu, Yan-Qun
- International journal of phytoremediation 2019 v.21 no.1 pp. 4-13
- Arabis alpina; Vicia faba; cadmium; cell walls; continuous cropping; field experimentation; free amino acids; hyperaccumulators; intercropping; lead; malic acid; organelles; organic matter; phytoremediation; ripening; root exudates; roots; sowing; tartaric acid; winter
- ... A field experiment in which a hyperaccumulator (Arabis alpina) was intercropped with winter crop (Vicia faba), was conducted to understand effect of the root exudates on the content and accumulated amounts, sub-cellular distribution of Cd and Pb of the intercropped plants during the ripening period of V. faba (120 d after sowing). The results showed that contents of soluble sugars exuded from the ...
- Meeinkuirt, Weeradej; Phusantisampan, Theerawut; Saengwilai, Patompong
- International journal of phytoremediation 2019 v.21 no.1 pp. 19-26
- Oryza sativa; cadmium; cultivars; field experimentation; human health; hydroponics; paddies; phytoremediation; plant breeding; pollution; rice; root systems; Mali
- ... Cadmium (Cd) contamination in paddy fields affects human health because of the consumption of Cd-contaminated rice. In the current study, we demonstrated that variation in root system architecture (RSA) influenced Cd uptake by rice. Rice cultivars consisting of KDML105, Mali Dang, Pitsanulok2 and Niaw San-pah-tawng were assessed in hydroponics and mesocosms while KDML 105, Pitsanulok2, and RD53 we ...