Jump to Main Content
- Huang, Yingping; Xi, Ying; Gan, Long; Johnson, David; Wu, Yonghong; Ren, Dong; Liu, Huigang
- International journal of phytoremediation 2019 v.21 no.10 pp. 1041-1049
- pot culture, etc ; Amaranthus spinosus; bioaccumulation factor; biomass; cadmium; lead; photochemistry; photosynthesis; phytoremediation; polluted soils; roots; shoots; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This study assessed the effects of Pb (0, 200, 500, 1000 mg kg⁻¹) and Cd (0, 5, 15, 30, 50 mg kg⁻¹) on photosynthesis in Amaranthus spinosus (A. spinosus), as well as the potential for phytoremediation by pot-culture experiment. Exposure to Pb/Cd produced a concentration-dependent decrease in biomass and all photosynthesis parameters, except for non-photochemical quenching, which increased with th ...
- Itusha, Ankita; Osborne, W. Jabez; Vaithilingam, Mohanasrinivasan
- International journal of phytoremediation 2019 v.21 no.5 pp. 487-495
- pot culture, etc ; Aeromonas; Chrysopogon zizanioides; bioaugmentation; biofilm; cadmium; heavy metals; industry; paddies; phytoremediation; plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria; pollution; rhizosphere; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; soil; toxicity; wetlands; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Heavy metals are the major cause of pollution and cadmium is one among the highly toxic metals discharged into the environment from various industries. The current study was focused on the bioremoval of cadmium by phyto and rhizoremediation approach using Vetiveria zizanioides. The bacterial strains were isolated from wetland paddy rhizosphere soil and the isolate VITJAN13 was found to be a biofil ...