Jump to Main Content
- Shahid, Muhammad; Arshad, Muhammad; Kaemmerer, Michel; Pinelli, Eric; Probst, Anne; Baque, David; Pradere, Philippe; Dumat, Camille
- International journal of phytoremediation 2012 v.14 no.5 pp. 493-505
- Pelargonium; arsenic; cadmium; copper; field experimentation; hydroponics; lead; phytoremediation; rhizosphere; soil; soil pollution; soil remediation; zinc
- ... The long length of periods required for effective soil remediation via phytoextraction constitutes a weak point that reduces its industrial use. However, these calculated periods are mainly based on short-term and/or hydroponic controlled experiments. Moreover, only a few studies concern more than one metal, although soils are scarcely polluted by only one element.In this scientific context, the p ...
- Srivastava, Sudhakar; Suprasanna, Penna; D’Souza, S. F.
- International journal of phytoremediation 2012 v.14 no.5 pp. 506-517
- Magnoliophyta; arsenic; cultivars; ferns and fern allies; humans; hyperaccumulators; pollution; rice; transgenic plants
- ... Arsenic (As) contamination of the environment has emerged as a serious problem. Consequently, there is an urge to understand plants’ responses to As. The analysis of various hypertolerant and hyperaccumulator plants and comparison of their responses with non-tolerant and nonaccumulators have provided valuable information about the mechanisms of As tolerance and detoxification. Therefore, we unders ...