Jump to Main Content
- Henry, Christopher J.; Storie, Christopher D.; Palaniappan, Muthu; Alhassan, Victor; Swamy, Mallikarjun; Aleshinloye, Damilola; Curtis, Andrew; Kim, Daeyoun
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.11 pp. 4416-4440
- Landsat; automation; data collection; land resources; land use and land cover maps; monitoring; neural networks; private enterprises; remote sensing; visual perception; Manitoba
- ... This article presents an approach to automating the creation of land-use/land-cover classification (LULC) maps from satellite images using deep neural networks that were developed to perform semantic segmentation of natural images. This work is important since the production of accurate and timely LULC maps is becoming essential to government and private companies that rely on them for large-scale ...
- Räsänen, Aleksi; Elsakov, Vladimir; Virtanen, Tarmo
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.11 pp. 4083-4103
- automation; climate change; forests; landscapes; peat; permafrost; remote sensing; support vector machines; tundra; Arctic region; Russia
- ... Arctic areas have experienced greening and changes in permafrost caused by climate change during recent decades. However, there has been a lack of automated methods in mapping changes in fine-scale patterns of permafrost landscapes. We mapped areal coverage of bare peat areas and changes in them in a peat plateau located in north-western Russia between 2007 and 2015. We utilized QuickBird and Worl ...