Jump to Main Content
- Gebremicael, Tesfay Gebretsadkan; Mohamed, Yasir A.; Zaag, Pieter van der; Gebremedhin, Amdom; Gebremeskel, Gebremedhin; Yazew, Eyasu; Kifle, Mulubrhan
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.11 pp. 4326-4345
- algorithms; altitude; basins; climate; climate models; climatology; data collection; landscapes; lowlands; meteorological data; mountains; neural networks; rain; rain gauges; remote sensing; satellites; water management; watersheds; Ethiopia
- ... Satellite rainfall products are an important source of rainfall data in un-gauged catchments. However, these products need to be validated as their accuracy can be affected by geographical position, topography, climate and embedded algorithms. Eight satellite rainfall products such as African Rainfall Climatology (ARC2), Climate Hazards Group InfraRed Precipitation with Stations (CHIRPs), Global P ...
- Siqueira, Ricardo Almeida de; Vila, Daniel
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.11 pp. 4244-4263
- algorithms; climate; rain; rain gauges; remote sensing; satellites; Brazil
- ... Rainfall measurement is a very important topic to society and for the understanding of the weather and climate, therefore needs to be calculated as accurately as possible. Counteracting the problem of the high temporal and spatial variability of precipitation, geostationary satellites sensors have been proved an excellent tool to this task, providing scans with high temporal resolution and detecti ...