Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Liwen; Tian, Miao; Zheng, Youfei
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.14 pp. 5366-5387
- algorithms; discriminant analysis; image analysis; latitude; probability; remote sensing; seasonal variation; summer; Australia; China; Sahara Desert; Saudi Arabia
- ... This study evaluates and improves the cirrus detection of the middle and low peak Weighting Function (WF) Cloud Emission and Scattering Index (CESI) by using the Visible Infrared Imaging Radiometer Suite (VIIRS) cloud mask product. Results show that CESI-3 (peak WF about 890 hPa) accurately detect cirrus with the Probability of detection (POD) value reaching 0.69 during both at day and nighttimes. ...
- Hagan, Daniel F. T.; Wang, G. J.; Parinussa, R. M.; Shi, Xiao
- International journal of remote sensing 2019 v.40 no.14 pp. 5563-5584
- freshwater; image analysis; linear models; microwave radiation; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; remote sensing; retrospective studies; soil water; surface temperature; China; Pacific Ocean
- ... In the recent years, the FengYun-3B passive microwave observations (FY3B) have been used to study global and regional soil moisture estimates, and land surface temperature (LST) has been an important input in the retrieval model. Previous studies proposed a linear model to derive LST from Ka-band brightness temperatures (H09 approach) which were routinely masked based on open water data. This stud ...