Jump to Main Content
- Wu, Di; Qu, John J.; Hao, Xianjun
- International journal of remote sensing 2015 v.36 no.21 pp. 5403-5425
- atmospheric precipitation; correlation; drought; irrigated farming; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; monitoring; reflectance; remote sensing; summer; surface temperature; time series analysis; Corn Belt region; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Nebraska
- ... In 2012, the USA Corn Belt, an intensive agricultural region of the USA, was hit by a widespread severe drought, affecting states such as Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, and Indiana. In this study, time series (2000–2012) of Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) measurements were investigated to assess the 2012 drought conditions during the corn-growing season. Seven MODIS indices genera ...
- Tan, Jing; Cherkauer, Keith A.; Chaubey, Indrajeet
- International journal of remote sensing 2015 v.36 no.21 pp. 5466-5484
- absorption; chlorophyll; model validation; models; reflectance; remote sensing; rivers; spectral analysis; spectrometers; total suspended solids; water quality; wavelengths; Indiana
- ... A hand-held spectrometer was used to collect above-water spectral measurements for measuring optically active water-quality characteristics of the Wabash River and its tributaries in Indiana. Water sampling was undertaken concurrent with spectral measurements to estimate concentrations of chlorophyll (chl) and total suspended solids (TSS). A method for removing sky and Sun glint from field spectra ...