Jump to Main Content
- Whatmore, Adrian M.; Davison, Nicholas; Cloeckaert, Axel; Al Dahouk, Sascha; Zygmunt, Michel S.; Brew, Simon D.; Perrett, Lorraine L.; Koylass, Mark S.; Vergnaud, Gilles; Quance, Christine; Scholz, Holger C.; Dick, Edward J.; Hubbard, Gene; Schlabritz-Loutsevitch, Natalia E.
- International journal of systematic and evolutionary microbiology 2014 v.64 no.Pt 12 pp. 4120-4128
- Brucella; Papio; antiserum; bacteria; bacteriophages; carbon dioxide; dyes; enzyme activity; genes; loci; multilocus sequence typing; nucleotide sequences; phenotype; progeny; ribosomal RNA; taxonomy; urease
- ... Two Gram-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming coccoid bacteria (strains F8/08-60 ᵀ and F8/08-61) isolated from clinical specimens obtained from baboons (Papio spp.) that had delivered stillborn offspring were subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. On the basis of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities, both strains, which possessed identical sequences, were assigned to the genus Brucella . Thi ...
- PubMed Central:
- Bourhy, Pascale; Collet, Louis; Brisse, Sylvain; Picardeau, Mathieu
- International journal of systematic and evolutionary microbiology 2014 v.64 no.Pt 12 pp. 4061-4067
- DNA; Leptospira borgpetersenii; genes; humans; leptospirosis; loci; microbiology; multilocus sequence typing; nucleic acid hybridization; patients; ribosomal RNA; serotypes; Comoros; Indian Ocean
- ... A group of strains representing species of the genus Leptospira , isolated from patients with leptospirosis in Mayotte (Indian Ocean), were previously found to be considerably divergent from other known species of the genus Leptospira . This was inferred from sequence analysis of rrs (16S rRNA) and other genetic loci and suggests that they belong to a novel species. Two strains from each serogroup ...
- PubMed Central: