Jump to Main Content
- Salau, Adewale Waheed; Hammed, Omotayo Babatunde; Makinde, Eyitayo Adekunle; Olosunde, Olatunde Musibau
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 164-175
- Capsicum chinense; Capsicum frutescens; field experimentation; flowering; fruit yield; growth habit; pepper; plant height; vegetative growth; Nigeria
- ... Optimum spacing in a suitable environment is an important requirement for improved pepper (Capsicum spp.) performance. Spacing recommendations have been based on specie growth habit. Field experiments were conducted in a tropical forest-savanna/transition zone in south western Nigeria to investigate effects of plant spacing on growth and fruit yield of two pepper species: C. chinense (L) and C. fr ...
- Arogundade, Olawale; Balogun, Olusegun Samuel; Kumar, P. Lava
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 146-153
- Capsicum; Cucumber mosaic virus; cultivars; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fruits; insects; leaves; markets; pepper; plant diseases and disorders; plant viruses; planting; raw fruit; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sap; seedlings; viruses; Nigeria
- ... Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) occurs worldwide and is a harmful pathogen for pepper (Capsicum spp.). Transmission of the virus is normally by insect. The possibility of transmission by seed is less clear. Accessions collected from eight states in Nigeria were evaluated to determine seed transmissibility of CMV in Capsicum species. Ten percent of the accessions were seed infected with CMV. Eight plan ...