Jump to Main Content
- Delgadillo-Díaz, Mariana; Gullian-Klanian, Mariel; Sosa-Moguel, Odri; Sauri-Duch, Enrique; Cuevas-Glory, Luis Fernando
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 124-137
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Solanum lycopersicum; Solanum pimpinellifolium; acidity; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; carotenoids; cleaning; color; crop production; cropping systems; farming systems; fertilizers; flavonoids; genotype; nutrients; organic soils; pH; pulp; tomatoes; total soluble solids
- ... Tomatoes (Solanum spp.), could be produced in an aquaponic system with fertilizer supplementation to optimize tomato production, since the small amount of fine soil and nutrients from Yucatan soils limits tomato cultivation. It is necessary to investigate that farming system allows the production of tomatoes without affecting their composition and content of biologically active compounds. The work ...
- Reddy, A. Amarender
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 176-184
- Solanum lycopersicum; econometric models; growers; harvest date; market prices; markets; model validation; refrigeration; seasonal variation; supply balance; time series analysis; tomatoes
- ... Due to the perishable nature of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.), price fluctuates based on supply and demand. It is necessary to forecast harvest period tomato prices, so growers can make informed production decisions. This study includes seasonal variation in forecasting price, which is lacking in other models. Forecasting tomato prices was done using time series monthly average prices from Janu ...