Jump to Main Content
- Delgadillo-Díaz, Mariana; Gullian-Klanian, Mariel; Sosa-Moguel, Odri; Sauri-Duch, Enrique; Cuevas-Glory, Luis Fernando
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 124-137
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Solanum lycopersicum; Solanum pimpinellifolium; acidity; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioactive compounds; carotenoids; cleaning; color; crop production; cropping systems; farming systems; fertilizers; flavonoids; genotype; nutrients; organic soils; pH; pulp; tomatoes; total soluble solids
- ... Tomatoes (Solanum spp.), could be produced in an aquaponic system with fertilizer supplementation to optimize tomato production, since the small amount of fine soil and nutrients from Yucatan soils limits tomato cultivation. It is necessary to investigate that farming system allows the production of tomatoes without affecting their composition and content of biologically active compounds. The work ...
- Shehata, Said A.; El-Mogy, Mohamed M.; Mohamed, Hanaa F. Y.
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 196-209
- Capsicum annuum; ascorbic acid; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; developmental stages; fertilizers; foliar application; fruit quality; fruits; nitrogen; nutrient content; phosphorus content; plant growth; plant nutrition; postharvest physiology; potassium; potassium chloride; potassium sulfate; roots; soil pH; storage quality; sweet peppers; total soluble solids; weight loss
- ... Inadequate amounts of potassium uptake by plant roots, even if it is available in soil, can be due to soil pH, plant type, and plant growth stage. Quality and shelf-life of long sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) are affected by plant nutrition. To determine the suitable potassium source for foliar fertilization during plant growth, effects of supplementary foliar K sources (K-humate, KCl, and K₂SO ...