Jump to Main Content
- Shehata, Said A.; El-Mogy, Mohamed M.; Mohamed, Hanaa F. Y.
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 196-209
- Capsicum annuum; ascorbic acid; carotenoids; chlorophyll; color; developmental stages; fertilizers; foliar application; fruit quality; fruits; nitrogen; nutrient content; phosphorus content; plant growth; plant nutrition; postharvest physiology; potassium; potassium chloride; potassium sulfate; roots; soil pH; storage quality; sweet peppers; total soluble solids; weight loss
- ... Inadequate amounts of potassium uptake by plant roots, even if it is available in soil, can be due to soil pH, plant type, and plant growth stage. Quality and shelf-life of long sweet pepper (Capsicum annuum L.) are affected by plant nutrition. To determine the suitable potassium source for foliar fertilization during plant growth, effects of supplementary foliar K sources (K-humate, KCl, and K₂SO ...
- Arogundade, Olawale; Balogun, Olusegun Samuel; Kumar, P. Lava
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 146-153
- Capsicum; Cucumber mosaic virus; cultivars; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fruits; insects; leaves; markets; pepper; plant diseases and disorders; plant viruses; planting; raw fruit; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; sap; seedlings; viruses; Nigeria
- ... Cucumber mosaic virus (CMV) occurs worldwide and is a harmful pathogen for pepper (Capsicum spp.). Transmission of the virus is normally by insect. The possibility of transmission by seed is less clear. Accessions collected from eight states in Nigeria were evaluated to determine seed transmissibility of CMV in Capsicum species. Ten percent of the accessions were seed infected with CMV. Eight plan ...