Jump to Main Content
- Opabode, Jelili T.; Raji, Iqmot B.
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 111-123
- DNA; cetyltrimethylammonium bromide; gel electrophoresis; genomics; humid tropics; leaves; microsatellite repeats; mineral content; minerals; polymerase chain reaction; sodium dodecyl sulfate; vegetables; vegetative growth
- ... Solanecio biafrae (Oliv. & Hiern) C. Jеffrеу, an indigenous vegetable of the humid tropics, is rich in minerals and easy to cultivate, but its vegetative growth is slow, making production fall short of demand. An efficient and effective genomic DNA-extraction method is necessary for a comprehensive molecular analysis to increase leaf yield and further improve proximate and mineral contents of the ...
- Salau, Adewale Waheed; Hammed, Omotayo Babatunde; Makinde, Eyitayo Adekunle; Olosunde, Olatunde Musibau
- International journal of vegetable science 2019 v.25 no.2 pp. 164-175
- Capsicum chinense; Capsicum frutescens; field experimentation; flowering; fruit yield; growth habit; pepper; plant height; vegetative growth; Nigeria
- ... Optimum spacing in a suitable environment is an important requirement for improved pepper (Capsicum spp.) performance. Spacing recommendations have been based on specie growth habit. Field experiments were conducted in a tropical forest-savanna/transition zone in south western Nigeria to investigate effects of plant spacing on growth and fruit yield of two pepper species: C. chinense (L) and C. fr ...