Jump to Main Content
- Marañón-Jiménez, Sara; Castro, Jorge; Fernández-Ondoño, Emilia; Zamora, Regino
- International journal of wildland fire 2013 v.22 no.5 pp. 681-695
- Pinus; altitude; biomass; carbon; coarse woody debris; coniferous forests; ecosystems; nutrient content; nutrient reserves; nutrients; soil; soil nutrients; wildfires; wood
- ... Large amounts of logs and coarse woody debris remain in the ecosystem after wildfires. However, the relevance of the nutrient reservoir contained in the remaining post-fire woody debris for the ecosystem nutrient reserves is rarely considered. In this paper, we determine the carbon and nutrient concentrations in the partially charred wood after a wildfire along an altitudinal gradient and assess t ...
- Veraverbeke, Sander; Hook, Simon J.
- International journal of wildland fire 2013 v.22 no.5 pp. 707-720
- carbon; combustion; emissions; fire severity; image analysis; models; mortality; sodium monochloroacetate; spectral analysis; vegetation; wildfires; Arizona
- ... We used a Landsat Thematic Mapper (TM) image from the 2011 Wallow fire in Arizona, USA, in combination with field data to assess different methods for determining fire severity. These include the normalised burn ratio (NBR), the differenced NBR (dNBR), the relative dNBR (RdNBR) and the burned fraction (BF) estimated by spectral mixture analysis (SMA). The Geo Composite Burn Index (GeoCBI) and vege ...