Jump to Main Content
- Thode, Andrea E., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- International journal of wildland fire 2011 v.20 no.2 pp. 223-239
- Landsat; burning; fire regime; fire severity; fires; landscapes; managers; montane forests; national parks; remote sensing; researchers; shrubs; subalpine forests; woodlands; California; Sierra Nevada region (California)
- ... This paper quantifies current fire severity distributions for 19 different fire-regime types in Yosemite National Park, California, USA. Landsat Thematic Mapper remote sensing data are used to map burn severity for 99 fires (cumulatively over 97000ha) that burned in Yosemite over a 20-year period. These maps are used to quantify the frequency distributions of fire severity by fire-regime type. A c ...
- Thode, Andrea E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of wildland fire 2009 v.18 no.7 pp. 765-774
- Landsat; burning; climate; fire severity; fire spread; fires; global warming; landscapes; lightning; national parks; snowpack; spring; California
- ... Continental-scale studies of western North America have attributed recent increases in annual area burned and fire size to a warming climate, but these studies have focussed on large fires and have left the issues of fire severity and ignition frequency unaddressed. Lightning ignitions, any of which could burn a large area given appropriate conditions for fire spread, could be the first indication ...