Jump to Main Content
- , FRANÇOISE CORBINEAU; , ABDELILAH BENAMAR; , DANIEL CôME
- Israel journal of plant sciences 2000 v.48 no.3 pp. 189-197
- abscisic acid; cultivars; dormancy; germination; rain; seed maturation; sprouting; temperature; wheat
- ... Preharvest sprouting of wheat can be a real agricultural disaster. It results from a weak dormancy of the grains and weather conditions favorable to germination (cool temperatures and high rainfall) at the time of seed maturation. Dormancy intensity, which is expressed by the inability of the grains to germinate at relatively high temperatures (above 1015 C), is deeper in Soissons cultivar, a spro ...
- , DENNIS A. BAKER
- Israel journal of plant sciences 2000 v.48 no.3 pp. 199-203
- abscisic acid; auxins; cytokinins; gibberellins; hormones; models; phloem; phloem loading; roots; shoots; xylem
- ... Analyses of phloem and xylem saps from a wide variety of plants have demonstrated the presence of the major endogenous plant hormones. The auxin 3-indole-aceticacid, a number of gibberellins, cytokinins, and abscisic acid have been found in one or the other or both of these vascular saps, allowing the sites of hormonal synthesis and putative target tissues within the plant to be deduced. Exogenous ...