Jump to Main Content
- Nishimura, K.; Miyamoto, S.; Takeda, T.; Ayukawa, E.; Sugiyama, T.; Kusuhara, S.
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 426-432
- shape; bone density; tibia; animal growth; Japanese quails; males; females; gender differences; metrology; body weight
- ... The length, width and thickness of cortical bone at the central diaphysis, as well as the inner structure and bone density in the tibia of growing Japanese quail (Coturnix japonica) were examined from hatching to 100 days of age at 10-day intervals to investigate long bone growth in quail. The body weights were also measured. Five left tibiae in male and female quail were evaluated, respectively. ...
- Mottaghitalab, M.; Ebrahimiyan, M.R.
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 383-388
- broiler chickens; animal growth; animal performance; carcass quality; dietary supplements; beta-glucanase; Aspergillus niger; Hypocrea jecorina; feed conversion; barley; enzyme activity; Bacillus subtilis; experimental diets; enzymatic hydrolysis
- ... A variety of factors can affect feed efficiency in poultry; among them is beta-Glucan. beta-Glucan in feeds is often poorly digest and has deleterious effects on nutrient absorption. Supplementation of diets with proper enzyme can enhance nutrient digestion and absorption. The aim of this study was beta-Glucanase production from Aspergillus niger and Trichoderma longibrachiatum (GPbeta-Glucanase), ...