Jump to Main Content
- Paul, S.K.; Halder, G.; Mondal, M.K.; Samanta, G.
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 389-395
- broiler chickens; organic salts; animal performance; digestive tract; dietary supplements; experimental diets; calcium propionate; feed intake; feed conversion; coliform bacteria; Escherichia coli; villi
- ... An experiment was conducted to determine the influence of organic acid salt supplementation on the performance and gut health of broiler chickens. One hundred and twenty day old commercial Vencobb-100 broiler chicks were randomly distributed into three groups having four replicates of 10 birds in each group. Control (C) birds were offered standard basal diet and treatment 1 and 2 (T1 and T2) were ...
- Mottaghitalab, M.; Ebrahimiyan, M.R.
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 383-388
- broiler chickens; animal growth; barley; Aspergillus niger; feed conversion; experimental diets; beta-glucanase; carcass quality; enzymatic hydrolysis; Trichoderma reesei; Bacillus subtilis; dietary supplements; animal performance; enzyme activity
- ... A variety of factors can affect feed efficiency in poultry; among them is beta-Glucan. beta-Glucan in feeds is often poorly digest and has deleterious effects on nutrient absorption. Supplementation of diets with proper enzyme can enhance nutrient digestion and absorption. The aim of this study was beta-Glucanase production from Aspergillus niger and Trichoderma longibrachiatum (GPbeta-Glucanase), ...