Jump to Main Content
- Vasan, P.; Dutta, N.; Mandal, A.B.; Sharma, K.
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 396-400
- digestibility; amino acids; fish meal; meat; bone meal; roosters; poultry feeding; experimental diets; essential amino acids; methionine; threonine; arginine; phenylalanine
- ... The apparent and true amino acid digestibilities of silver fish meal and meat cum bone meal were determined using adult caecectomized roosters. Each test ingredient was offered to six caecectomized and six intact cockerels individually. The apparent digestibilities of indispensable amino acids of fish meal, with the exception of methionine and threonine were significantly higher in caecectomized t ...
- Pizzey, H.; Bedecarrats, G.Y
- J. poult. sci 2007 v.44 no.4 pp. 409-415
- fertilization (reproduction); lutein; reproductive efficiency; animal performance; chickens; dietary supplements; ad libitum feeding; experimental diets; semen; sperm motility; artificial insemination; roosters
- ... The aim of the present study was to determine the effects of dietary supplementation of lutein on reproductive performances in mature chickens. At 40 weeks of age, 15 Barred Rock roosters (n = 5 per treatment) and 108 hens (n = 36 per treatment) were randomly assigned to one of three groups and fed ad libitum a standard diet supplemented with 0, 30, or 120 ppm lutein. Semen was collected from each ...