Jump to Main Content
- Kale, Amey; Chauhan, Shakti
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 18-23
- fiber content; modulus of elasticity; ultrasonics; vibration; wood
- ... Dynamic modulus of elasticity (DMoE) of wood polymer composites, prepared with varying proportion of wood content, was determined using flexural vibration and ultrasonic pulse transit time methods. The DMoE was compared with the flexural modulus as measured by standard three point bending test. The elastic modulus of the composite increased with the increasing fiber content. Both vibration methods ...
- Iswanto, Apri Heri; Aritonang, Wulandhari; Azhar, Irawati; Supriyanto,; Fatriasari, Widya
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...