Jump to Main Content
- Mahyoub Amer; Bousselham Kabouchi; Mohamed Rahouti; Abderrahim Famiri; Abdelwahed Fidah
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 91-98
- Eucalyptus; clones; plantations; reaction wood; sawing; trees; water content; wood
- ... Liberation of growth stresses during cutting and sawing prevents the use of eucalyptus as working timber. The occurrence of log-end cracks and planks, due to the release of growth stress pre-existing in the standing tree, causes severe damage at the early stage of wood transformation. In this study, we determine the GSI of two clonal eucalyptus wood originated from Gharb Mâamora plantations, so as ...
- Apri Heri Iswanto; Wulandhari Aritonang; Irawati Azhar; Supriyanto; Widya Fatriasari
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...