Jump to Main Content
- Apri Heri Iswanto; Wulandhari Aritonang; Irawati Azhar; Supriyanto; Widya Fatriasari
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...
- S. K. Sharma; S. R. Shukla; A. K. Sethy
- Journal 2020 v.17 no.1 pp. 66-72
- absorbance; acoustics; bagasse; bamboos; bananas; coir; corn husks; porosity
- ... The studies on acoustical behaviour of composite boards made from five different types of natural fibres (bagasse, bamboo, banana, coir and corn husk) have been carried out for their utilization as sound-absorbing materials. The composite boards of all five types of fibres were prepared in three different density range (low, medium and high). The ranges of low, medium and high density boards varie ...